World Sepsis Day 2018 Only One Month Away – Inspiration, Ideas, Material, and the 2018 WSD Event Poster
Today is August 13th, meaning the 7th World Sepsis Day is only one short month away! Below, we have collected some ideas and inspiration for you to host the perfect WSD event on September 13th, along with materials and instructions how to be featured on the 2018 WSD Event Poster.
PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL FOR WORLD SEPSIS DAY 2018
Please go to the toolkit section - you will find everything you are looking for, and more. If there is something missing, or you have ideas for additional material, please get in touch. We are currently refreshing the infographics, updating the content and giving them a new look. The new infographics will be released in September, shortly before World Sepsis Day.
Please visit our shop for ordering WSD articles for your special World Sepsis Day event.
The 2018 WSD Event Poster
Like every year, we will once again feature all events held for World Sepsis Day on the 2018 WSD Event Poster - so make sure to take some pictures! On September 14th, we will have a form ready for you to upload your pictures and descriptions of your event, together with a deadline for submission. After we have created the poster, you will be able to download it, print it yourself, as well as to order printed copies.
Inspirations and Ideas for World Sepsis Day 2018
EVENTS FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
- Set up sepsis awareness stalls for staff with sepsis quizzes and sepsis exhibitions in the entrance area of your institution/hospital
- Offer special educational sepsis trainings for staff around World Sepsis Day
- Public viewing/streaming of the 2nd World Sepsis Congress on September 5th and 6th, 2018 as an educational program for physicians, nurses, healthcare workers, and even patients
- Organize conferences, symposia, round-table discussions, etc.
- Show the "What Is Sepsis? - sepsis explained in 3 minutes" - video at your event (English /// Spanish /// Italian /// Turkish /// German /// French and Portuguese coming soon)
Hand out information leaflets in busy public spaces like markets, railway or bus stations, and town squares
Set up small sepsis information stalls, use banners or balloons, give out candy or small giveaways
- Show the "What Is Sepsis? - sepsis explained in 3 minutes" - video at your event (English /// Spanish /// Italian /// Turkish /// German/// French and Portuguese coming soon)
- Sport events are a great opportunity for people to watch or participate, even spontaneously. Organize a sport event like a city marathon, a bicycle tour, a volleyball tournament, a sepsis team run, a zumba event, or another sport activity - possibilities are endless. Hand out information leaflets along the way. Make sure lots of people see you, for example by planning the route through a town square, or similar.
- Organize a family afternoon, together with sepsis survivors, if possible. Set up stalls and decorate the area to attract people. Think about having some music or performers and something fun for the kids like face-painting or sepsis-related handicraft work.
- Organize a sepsis photo exhibition, collecting photographs of activities in the fight against sepsis, for example academic, cultural or governmental events or sepsis patient stories. You can take inspiration from the one from our friend and supporter Luis Gorordo Delsol from the Juarez Hospital in Mexico for World Sepsis Day 2017.
- Set up a pink picnic. Pink Picnics are social events where pink is used to signify relation to World Sepsis Day. This can include pink salads or cupcakes, BBQ treats, beverages, plates, other table decor...and whatever you can think of! Use pink balloons for decoration. See our toolkits for both event and pink picnic material.
- Organize a Gala Event or a special dinner - this is a glamorous opportunity to raise awareness for sepsis in your network, including for fundraising. For example, check out the Sepsis Heroes Gala Event by the Sepsis Alliance.
IN YOUR COMPANY / Institution
- Pink Cafeteria/Canteen – color your cafeteria/canteen pink, by using leaflets, stickers, pocket cards, balloons, infographics, and whatever else you can think of.
- Bake for your colleagues – Why not raise awareness for sepsis among your colleagues by making muffins with pink frosting, or a pink cake? They will certainly talk about you and World Sepsis Day…make sure to also share leaflets, infographics, stickers, and other goodies with them as well.
- Show the "What Is Sepsis? - sepsis explained in 3 minutes" - video to your colleagues (English /// Spanish /// Italian /// Turkish /// German /// French and Portuguese coming soon)
Show Your Support on Your Website, Social Media Presence, or Email signature:
- Embed the "What Is Sepsis? - sepsis explained in 3 minutes"-video on your website and/or share it on social media (English /// Spanish /// Italian /// Turkish /// German /// French and Portuguese coming soon)
- Share the new WSD Infographics on social media, on your website, or send them directly to colleagues - the infographics are currently being updated and will be available September 2018 (before WSD).
- Tweet about or at World Sepsis Day, using the hashtag #wsd18, #WorldSepsisDay, #stopsepsis, or #savelives
- Share a WSD infographic on your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram page or story, or put up a post mentioning @WorldSepsisDay
- Temporarily add a pink banner or a button to your website, or set up a microsite informing your visitors about WSD
- Temporarily add ‘September 13 is World Sepsis Day – Stop Sepsis, Save Lives’ to your email signature
- Organize a Twitter chat, a webinar, a Reddit AMA, a Facebook Live, or a Periscope
WHY IS WORLD SEPSIS DAY IMPORTANT?
World Sepsis Day is held on September 13th every year and is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against sepsis. Sepsis accounts for at least 8 million deaths worldwide annually. Yet, depending on country and education, sepsis is known only to 7 – 50 % of the people. Likewise, it is poorly known that sepsis can be prevented by vaccination and clean care and that early recognition and treatment reduces sepsis mortality by 50 %. This lack of knowledge makes sepsis the number one preventable cause of death worldwide.
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE IN WORLD SEPSIS DAY?
World Sepsis Day is a favorable moment to increase public awareness for this poorly acknowledged health care disaster, but also to show support and solidarity with the millions of people who lost their loved ones, or, as sepsis survivors, suffer from long-term consequences of sepsis. World Sepsis Day is a great opportunity to remind the public, media, national, and international healthcare authorities, healthcare providers, and healthcare workers, policy makers, and the governments that there is an urgent need to increase and improve education on the facility, regional, national, and international level. The easiest way to support World Sepsis Day: Share the link for signing the World Sepsis Declaration with your colleagues, families, friends, and everyone that should be informed about sepsis.
We wish you good luck in preparing your World Sepsis Day event and thank you for your valuable contribution in the fight against sepsis!
If you couldn't find what you were looking for, please get in touch.